Comparing Roof estimates can be daunting and confusing due to the many types of Roofing shingles and components, warranty levels, and labor initiatives
Furthermore, not all roofers are the same.
The vetting process of the roofer and the estimate comparison should be done separately.
THERE ARE GENERAL CONSIDERATIONS AND THEN ACTUAL ESTIMATE LINE BY LINE CONSIDERATIONS TO MAKE WHEN COMPARING
We will do your below the other contractors price if his estimate is exactly like ours!
- How long in business AND how many complaints?
- Can they do the job in one day?
- Insured and bonded?
- Licensed in NJ (not required after 2018)?
- Who are working for them? How long? Day laborers from home depot?
- Are they certified installers with Owens corning and GAF?
- If not, they cant get you a registered Warranty!
- Do they offer a Lifetime Labor warranty in writing?
Local Company for over 3 Decades
12 Crews that do an average of 40 Roofing jobs a month
NJ Contractor Licenses: #13VH11963000 and 13VH12371100
Insurance: General and Umbrella $2,000,000 coverage Naic #’s 38920, 41297
Workers Comp: Scottsdale Insurance Company #10356
Compare estimates Apples to Apples:
- Get an Exact Material list item by item! Make sure the list of material is all from the same manufacturer! The biggest scam is that contractors will low ball you by giving you brand name shingles but then all the roofing components underneath will be cheap brands.
- Get a Measurement report showing you the exact amount of square footage that they are quoting. Many contractors will try to scam you by quoting low square footage and then the day of the job, tell you it more.
- HERE IS WHERE THEY CUT CORNERS:
- do not put Ice and water shield on the rakes, in addition to the eaves!
- They do not input brand new drip edge and rake edge
- They will not install Ridge Vents along the ridge to help reduce your electric costs
- They do not Counter Flash the Brick chimney
- Outline the clean up of the property and their Property Protection policy
- Are they adding any Free Items? Dumpster included? are Free Plywood included?
- The do not offer 0% Financing Options
All Roofing components are to be from the same manufacturer!!
- Ice Water shield
- Starter Strip
- Hip and Ridge Shingles
- Synthetic Underlayment
- Ridge Vents
Is chimney being flashed and sealed?
New drip edge being installed?