Inevitably, roofers are always asked if we need to replace the Decking/Plywood on the roof.
The truth is, there are only a couple of ways to know for sure as to whether or not you need new Plywood.
- Look for Waviness of the roof
- Major leaks in your home
- Mold in your attic
- Mold on your roof, green, black, gray, brown.
- Cushiony feeling when walking the roof
Before we go any further, I want you to realize that we do not want to have to change plywood.
- Crews hate to do it
- It is time consuming
But we can’t leave your roof compromised.
So we will take pictures of all rotted wood in order to show you proof that it needs to be replaced.
Here is the good news, typically only 10% of the roofs we do end up needing a couple of boards.
Some typical Signs
Best course of action:
- After we tear off the current shingles, we will evaluate the entire roof
- Take pictures of all troubled areas that cant be used
Keep in mind that we use Owens Corning Roofing components. Partially compromised wood can still be used.